Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,541   Posts: 1,572,775   Online: 904

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tonight I KRST'd despite the fact that my professor told me I wasn't at the "level" of markh and should therefore be using regular RC papers and regular chemisty, instead of my preferred Forte VC FB and Agfa III. I answered him later..... something something... if I don't challenge myself, how can I grow? I did a 1:9 and next time I'll pull it sooner.

Thanks again for your help. It's a pure blast!
    ka

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    classes are normally geared towards the lowest common denominator. Or in photography either the slowest, or at the pace the prof. sets for his class no matter how anyone particular person is doing. Selenium toning is easy. Which I bet you found out.
    Non Digital Diva

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yup... no brainer

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    come take my class!!

Altho, i recommend RC for beginners i would rather they learn to print on fiber. The only reason for the RC is speed and washing concerns that are an issue in a gang darkroom (at least ours)

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ann,

Good idea. Perhaps some else should as well.

ka

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Aggie is right on on this one - If I have one that I am looking for a particular shade of toning - I pull it before it gets there - The chemical takes at least 20 seconds to leach out of the emulsion and will continue to tone for that period of time till it is exhausted. Sometimes I am looking for a split tone look - I use a stronger solution - 1:6 maybe and I watch it close - The toner works on the shadows first. If you snatch the print just as the mid tones start to change - the mid tones will finish toning in the water bath leaving the highlights and lighter areas gray. With Forte - I get browna and gray dual tone prints that look good with some images.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From toner to Hypo Cleaning Agent will arrest the toning at that point. 30 seconds or so is all that is needed and then into the final water rinse/bath.

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Querry: If KRST contains Hypo, is it necessary to Hypo after the toning? And what if one fails to do so?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka
    Querry: If KRST contains Hypo, is it necessary to Hypo after the toning? And what if one fails to do so?

Typically one would tone after the second fixing bath and not fix after toning. However if you meant hypo clearing agent, then yes it is appropriate procedure to use hypo clearing agent following toning. This is then followed by the wash.

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, thanks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin