Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,965   Online: 983

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been shooting a lot of the Freestyle branded Plus-X (Arista Premium 100) since it hit shelves not too long ago. While nothing can replace my beloved Agfa APX 100, Plus -X is a very nice film and one cannot beat the price for the consistant quality. I shoot it usually at iso 64 and develop in Rodinal 1+100 for 10 minutes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A different emulsion, no doubt, but I've shot a bit of PXR (Plus-X Reversal) in Super-8, and in that format I think it really shines.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    As far as I am concerned this is the best portrait film made. Sure do miss the 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got 75 sheets of it in 4x5" that I never gave much thought to, expired in the 80's though.
    And I just got a roll of it in 16mm single perf and super-8, interesting. Time to pay it some more attention I guess.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    The 4x5 film only shares the Plus-X name with the 35mm and 120 emulsions.
    / ... /
    It had an upswept HD curve - sometimes called 'all toe' - that leads to increasing contrast in the highlights and rather blocked shadows.
    Does anyone know if there is any existing film with something close to this "all toe" character?

I've used it Plus-X in small format, developing in Rodinal, where I got some nice grain. I have a bunch of it in 120 to test, it's a nice film but for doing available light on northern latitudes you really need a tripod.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Plus-X in Rodinal is a standard, that should be #1 or #2 on anyones Must Try list. I also very much like Plus-X in Xtol straight, replenished, in 6x9. Brassy, metallic metals. In UFG at 250 Plus-x looks to be a winner for wintertime flat light, with smooth tight edgy grain. A tremendously flexible film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just rediscovering this film, funny how you move on and try new stuff, forgetting how well the old films performed. I process in Pyrocat with no problems, gives a great look.
    BTW, I have been told that Arista 100 is re-badged Plus-X, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    After searching APUG for discussions on the subject: Plus-X from Kodak i found only some words from Thomas Bertilson on a few rolls he fucked up in pyro.

Today this film is sold in 135 and 120. Its branded 125PX on the flm rebate. This has changed from earlier emulsions. Yesterday i bought 4 boxes of Plus-X Pan in 4x5" (PXP) dated 1999. I attached a picture of what one off my test sheets looked like.

I hope other people also like this great film from Kodak, and maybe have som "trivia" on it to share.
    PX and PXP are two different films
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Just rediscovering this film, funny how you move on and try new stuff, forgetting how well the old films performed. I process in Pyrocat with no problems, gives a great look.
    I know for sure that there is Kodak products for sale at freestyle, re-branded.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    I'm sure it is. Looks like, feels like, and smells like Plus-X. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck.
    Frank Schifano

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin