Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,315   Online: 998

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am curious to know if Efke pl 100 is indeed the same film as Fortepan 200 or if it is a different emulsion. I have read a few claims that they are identical films. Others claim that Bergger 200 and forte are the same film and then again some claim that Bergger 200 and Efke 100 are completely different films in terms of contrast. I am asking this because I use Fortepan 200 and it seems just a little low in contrast for my liking. If Efke pl100 has more contrast I would like to give it give it a try. Does anyone have direct experience?

thanks

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Fortepan 200 is indeed lower in contrast than Efke PL100. They are not the same films. Fortepan 200 is the same as Classic 200. Bergger 200 is a completely different film.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use mostly Ilford FP4 but also use the Bergger 200 and the forte 200. None are the same. Forte I have had a great range of contrast across the rolls I have shot. In the 4x5 it seems comperable. I use mostly PMK for developing, and with some of my 4x5 use HC110. Personally if the price of the Forte was similar to the Ilford I would use it exclusively. They now have a 100 version as well. I have shot a few rolls of efke, but for the current cost of it, I will stick with Forte or Ilford.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Not even close to the same films. Efke seems to expand better then any film that I have tried.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For anyone that has used both Forte and J&C 200 sheet film; does the Forte have the same jagged edges that the J&C 200 has? This has been the only hard spot I have with J&C. The ragged edges tend to induce more scratches during processing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The Forte (I used it several years ago) and the Bergger both have jagged edges much like the burr on a cabinet scraper. They must have a dull film slicer!
    Paul Hamann

Thanks, I guess I can safely assume that Forte 200 and Efke 100 are different films and that the Efke has more contrast. How does the efke go for speed in pyrocat HD. I usually get EI: 100 out of the Fortepan 200.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I rate Efke and Fortepan at their box speeds: i.e. 100 and 200 respectively. With minimal agitation using tubes they could be rated a tad higher.
    Francesco

Has anyone of you tried the new classic 200+ yet ?
    It is the same as the old Classic but with increased DMAX.
    It should be available at JandC for shipping since March 1st.

Mirko
    www.fotoimpex.de

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Mirko, will you guys be stocking this "new" Classic 200 as well? In your site you list Classic 200 in 8x10 - is this already the "new" Classic 200? Thanks.
    Francesco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin