Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,197   Online: 854

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think that's one of the top reasons people get the urge to try any given film, developer, lens, paper, camera, etc. They see something they like and they begin to wonder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm currently in the midst of a major photo project where I'm using PanF in 35mm. The creamy smoothness of tones is reason alone to use this film. Amazing stuff and it has a naturalness to it that the T-grain films don't seem to have. It's like an old pair of slippers.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Kansas View Post
    You know, the problem with threads like this on a particular film - and I think there has been one recently on just about every major film, is that after reading them and seeing some examples I tell myself "I need to try that."

Bet I'm not the only one.

Dave
    I do that. But in this case, I was already curious about Pan F. I'm trying to rip out my '70s acquired obsession with speed, speed and speed. And since most of what I'm drawn to ends up needing a tripod anyway, I'm curious about what life is like below ISO 400.

But I will reluctantly stick with HP5+ alone until I get my exposure problems worked out.

The thing that sucks about learning is that it takes time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post

The thing that sucks about learning is that it takes time.
    Does it ever.... and there seems to be no substitute for it..... If I weren't having so much fun I would have given up years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I've been following this thread as I have a few rolls of 120 Pan F here to try. I tried a roll in a semi-scientific test a while back and felt more confused when i saw the results -- that's the problem with the semi part! But what I did see suggests I should just go take some pictures with it, some of the shots looked pretty darn good, even if the subjects were dull and boring.

DaveT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh, something I meant to post earlier is that if you have a thing for red filters, a #29 does NOT mix well with Pan F. It filters out enough that you're left with little sensitivity with Pan F. 4 stops doesn't compensate nearly enough. Ten stops would probably be closer. A #25 would probably be fine, but do be aware that red sensitivity can be an issue with this film if you like heavy red filtration.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used Pan F over the years. I really like it. I develop it with D-76.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lucky, this thread is opened.
    I got myself some Pan F+ to try. If I finish them shortly I'll try it with ID-11 1+3, I plan to expose for shadows and development times with other dilutions are quite short.
    Hopefully with rodinal sometime later. Thanks for the rodinal info btw.
    I hope I can contribute later with some pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's been a few years since I shot it with any regularity but when I did I liked it souped in Rodinal 1-100.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Pan F is up until now my overall favorite film. I just wish I could shoot it hand held in dim light sometimes, that's my only grief and it's not much of a grief. My order just came in from Freestyle today. I added to my normal Pan F, FP 4 and Delta 100 a mess of Adox which I am suspecting I'm going to like a lot. We will see if it passes up Pan F, but for different reason than sharpness and very little grain. My opinion is Pan F is contrasty at high noon but after sunrise and just before sunset, Pan F is not particularly contrasty. But then I live in a coastal area of California where fog is a daily thing except maybe for two weeks in high summer.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin