Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,806   Online: 830

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rodinal

Back in the early 70's (1970's that is) I used Rodinal developer and formulas now that I am moving away from digital back to film I am trying to find those tables again. PLUS where can one buy Rodinal today? I live in Stockton Calif and 3 out of 3 shops don't carry it and the younger clerks haven't even heard of it. Now 30 years later what is a guy supposed to do?

Paul
    The only thing that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rodinal is still widely used. I know that B&H sells it. Did you try Samy's?
    As for the tables, did you try www.digitaltruth.com ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H won't ship it though. I can't remember if Adorama does. Photo Formulary sells the old version of rodinal made from scratch. You can also buy the chemicals and make it yourself from them, or from Artcraft Chemicals.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you go into Berkeley or San Francisco, most stores carry it. I think camera arts in Sacramento carries it also.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Calumet, one of our sponsors, sells it and ships it.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Adorama ships it. That's where I've always obtained mine. Plenty of development tables out there. Check out the Massive Dev Chart at www.digitaltruth.com.

Images
    Photographer's Formulary sells their own version of it, and as Aggie stated, pretty much all the shops in the bay area stock it.
    hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The closest SF-area store to you is Reed's in Walnut Creek. Call them though. Looking Glass in Berkeley definitely stocks it, as do Adolph Gasser in SF and Keeble's in Palo Alto.

Buy a big bottle. It lasts.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got 4 bottles of it from Calumet, good price and shipping was fast. Could not ask for better service. You only have to worry about the shipping $ being high if you want it shipped by air. Ed Buffalo has some data on his site at unblinkingeye.com also, also think that Ilford list it for Ilford films on their site.
    Mike C

Rambles

Images
    Another APUG, sponsor J and C Photo, carries Calbe R09 developer. I haven't tried it, but have read several posts that indicate that it is an earlier (and some say better) formulation of Rodinal.

Although I also use HC-110 and WD2D+, I love the simplicity and economy of Rodinal. I like it 1:100 w/Agfa APX 100.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin