Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,244   Online: 805

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    You can "freeze-dry" yourself in your home freezer: put the stuff to be dried in a beaker, fix a piece of tissue paper over the beaker, and wait a day or two....wouldn't work with 100%RH in your home freezer....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    On the contrary, the freezer compartment of a typical home frost-free refrigerator/freezer subjects its contents to very high relative humidity (RH). See the second paragraph on p. 665 here:

http://www.wilhelm-research.com/pdf/..._HiRes_v1a.pdf
    I don't know about how Wilhelm discovered this, but living in a place where temps are below freezing for 4 months of the year, I do know about cold air, and relative humidity. Temperature is a factor in relative humidity. Air at 30℃ can hold a tremendous amount of water, Air at -30℃ can hold considerably less water, even at the same relative humidity. Taking an object that is at -30℃ into a place that is at +30℃ and moist you will get a trail of water vapour and condensate as the air around the object cools and the water comes out of the air, it may actually freeze onto the object.

Now, I have been out taking photographs at -18℃, film that was in the freezer at home, goes into the bag frozen, it stays frozen during the shoot, it goes back into the bag, still frozen, and when the bag goes into the house, it stays in the corner zipped up until the next day, so that condensation that forms, forms on the outside of the camera bag, not on the camera or film.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin