Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,521,985   Online: 1094

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I peel slowly and hit the film that was under the tape with a sensitometry test. I figure the bigger risk is scratches during this handling.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bill, what do you do with the density measurement of the processed film under where the tape was ?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    This is something I have noticed for years -- though I also assumed it was static. I find that it does usually expose the film, but just right where the tape was stuck to the film. In theory, that end of the 120 roll should have no expose and be blank. But when I have noticed the light generated by removing the tape, I have also noticed some exposure density on the film only where the tape was...sort of a ghost image of the tape.

I have a bunch of 120 to develop...several different brands (Kodak, Ilford and Fuji). So I will do a little experimenting with tape removal! Film at 11
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow very cool post. Now where did I put those Wint O Green Life Savers? Never a dull moment @ APUG. Film & Physics all in one day. Maybe I will get a chance to thrill someone soon (besides me) in the dkrm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin