Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,914   Online: 917

Thread: TF-5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

TF-5

That's not a mistake, yes TF-5, it's new and it's from the Photographers' Formulary.

Has anyone tried this new fixer yet?

http://www.photoformulary.com/Deskto...ion=0&langId=0
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got some in transit. Obviously I haven't used it yet. I think it was just shipped yesterday.

It's less alkaline than TF-4, but doesn't separate like TF-4 does so it should be more practical in use. This, per PhotoEngineer, one of the chemists who formulated it.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be using it when my 5 gallons of TF-4 runs out.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm pretty happy with TF-4 but hey if TF-5 is "NEW AND IMPROVED" I hope Freestyle will start stocking it so I can pick some up.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin