Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,123   Online: 926

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the longest I've waited was 27 years. That was with 120 Plus-X, and I did still get recognizable images. The camera containing the roll was stored in a closet here in southeastern PA, in a house with no air conditioning for the first 19 or so of those years. I wouldn't recommend going that long, but I wouldn't give a second thought to waiting several weeks. I would pass on refrigeration as just another opportunity to screw something up with condensation, since the rolls are no longer factory sealed.

I have a preference for keeping films, especially exposed films, in something that will protect them from bright light and sudden climate changes -- say a Zip-Loc bag inside a camera bag or luggage tote. That's not based on any prior bad experiences, just a general predisposition toward caution.

And I second the recommendation to mark rolls and keep some notes, although I'm not one of those who amasses five dozen rolls before I do something with them.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Plastic film cans?
    Drop into your local camera shop and ask nicely.You never know..........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Plastic film cans?
    Drop into your local camera shop and ask nicely.You never know..........
    Yes, I have lots of 35mm, but I recently actually purchased some 120 containers from Freestyle, as none of the 120 film I've bought had anything but sealed foil. I especially like the idea of opaque black containers which the 35mm makers seem to have moved away from. Heh, I remember metal cans for 35mm!

DaveT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin