Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,112   Online: 990

Shooter
    Medium Format

ABC Pyro for Jobo

I mixed and tested ABC Pyro for Jobo yesterday.
    This is the chemical pack i used: http://www.digitaltruth.com/store/ca...ers-p-308.html

I did a 120 Verichrome Pan for 7 minutes at 75 degree farenheit. Dillution 1:2:100

The negs look okay, but will contactprint later today and see the final result. Any other on APUG that uses this specific Pyro in Jobo and have som startingpoints for different films. I will post mine here after more testing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wild reponse...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The link you gave does not work, and your reference is unclear. Looking at the Digitaltruth Store website, I saw several pyro formulations. Normally, pyro oxidizes too quickly for consistent use in the Jobo, but two formulations, Rollo Pyro and Pyrocat HD, were designed for use in rotary processors. Both have been quite successful. There is a slight speed loss with either. The website show both of these, Pyrocat HD is several formulations and Rollo Pyro as Formulary Pyro ABC Plus. Which did you test?

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I've used Pyro MC in Jobo. Works fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For Rotary processing (in the 'older' (grey) BTZS tubes), my preferred developer is Pyrocat HD.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    I did a 120 Verichrome Pan for 7 minutes at 75 degree farenheit. Dillution 1:2:100
    ABC is a 3 solution developer. Your dilution therefore doesn't make sense. I use 2:1:1:15 for A,B,C and water, respectively.
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Maybe PMK? Sounds like the about the right proportions. That works well in a Jobo.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    Normally, pyro oxidizes too quickly for consistent use in the Jobo, but two formulations, Rollo Pyro and Pyrocat HD, were designed for use in rotary processors.
    I believe I found a work around to this problem (I was having seriously bad luck with Pyrocat HD in my Jobo):

Thereafter I successfully used Wimberly W2D2+ in a Jobo, getting clean negatives with no aerial fogging:

A) Use slowest rotation speed Jobo capable of.
    B) Replenish the full volume of used W2D2+ developer with a fresh volume of W2D2+ halfway through the development time.
    Last edited by Andre Noble; 10-18-2012 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity, details
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin