Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,493   Online: 643

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ADOX black and white papers.

Hi Guys- I am fairly new to darkroom and I have been getting really good results working with Ilford paper! I like the Adox films and I hope to try their papers. What do you guys think of them?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Adox make some top notch papers.

They are an interesting alternative to Ilford papers

Whether you prefer them to Ilford is a very personal choice.

You will need to try them to find out for yourself

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    I love adox paper in rc. I have not used the new fiber paper but there has been a huge buzz and my lab tech just got some 11x14 so i will get to see some results

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    You should also check out Emaks. Its a graded, slightly warm, fiber paper that is inexpensive and yeilds some beautiful tones. Both B&H and freestyle carry it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just made my first MCC print. The paper has rich blacks and is on a very white base. It seems to have a contrast range of about 0 to 4.5. I toned it in KRST 1:9 for 3 minutes. There was a slight warming during the first minute and not much after that. I've never used the original Agfa MCC, so can't make a comparison.

I don't know that I like it any better than Multigrade, though. What I really want is a replacement for Polywarmtone, which I believe Adox is working on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Edmond View Post
    ...I don't know that I like it any better than Multigrade, though...
    I suggest you compare sharpness or prints made on MB IV FB and MCC 110. In my experience, the former is the least sharp multigrade fiber paper ever, while the latter is the sharpest.

In case anyone thinks this comparison is not valid because of enlarging lens lateral chromatic abberation, note that my tests were performed by making large format contact prints.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Could be. My test negative was made with a Cooke soft focus lens making it a bit difficult to judge sharpness. The MCC did render fine details, though (11X14 enlargement from type 55 4x5).

CuS

Shooter
    35mm

Adox and emaks

The adox papers are lovely - Ive used teh glossy 8x10 RC (almost like teh agfa stuff never left).

The emaks is my absoluyte favorite fiber paper - especially teh 11x14 Grade 3

has amazing tone - almost a blac olive green tint- wonderful stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adox Vario Classic = Fotokemika Varycon (VC)
    Adox Nuance = Fotokemika Emaks (graded)

Both fantastic papers!
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are so many great papers out there that are hidden under the guise of Ilford's domination. Don't get me wrong, I love Ilford stuff, but we can't all be using Ilford paper 24/7. There are other varieties and tastes to sample.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin