Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,450   Posts: 1,570,114   Online: 924

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    luxikon, Is this legacy APX-100 or is it Rollei Retro 100 film you are using. I noticed that you measured a density of 0.03 on your first roll. That's real low; hell that's crystal clear. I was just wondering in case I ever needed a 35mm film stock with that clear of a base. I'll bet it would do well as a reversal film; for example as a film for for the dr5 process.

Denis K

Shooter
    35mm
    I measured 0.12 for rollei retro 100 for unexposed base....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @ Denis

It's legacy APX 100. I zeroed the densitometer after measuring base+fog. Then I measured 0.03 for ZI.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luxikon View Post
    @ Denis

It's legacy APX 100. I zeroed the densitometer after measuring base+fog. Then I measured 0.03 for ZI.
    You can reasonably expect that your exposure meter is calibrated to measure an approximate 18% reflectance. Are you taking your exposure reading off such a surface?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, until now I didn't. I only used any uniform (near) white background because I thought the meter would give me a standardized reading of 18% gray. But I'll take a gray card for my next tests if that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin