Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,256   Online: 997

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Uniroller Drum for 4x5.
    It does leak a bit but a little vaseline on the gasket helps that.
    I put the whole motor and drum in a developing tray with a folded paper towel at the end just in case there is a little leak.

For the film separators I just made a couple out of a slice of a rubber bung fashioned to shape.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    hmmm how much is "a little" a few drops or would you end up with a big puddle? also any one have any word on the Beseler print drums?

Images
    Good Afternoon, Ben,

I tried to answer your question on Cibachrome drums yesterday, but the reply, for some reason, apparently didn't get into the Forum. The interiors of Ciba drums that I've used are completely smooth, no problem for a single 8 x 10 sheet, but impractical with 4 x 5 sheets which need to be separated and held securely. Yes, Ciba drums, like others, can be filled and dumped in room light.

Konical

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You could also use Beseler drums on either Unicolor or Beseler motor bases.

I have used drums for a long time to process LF and ULF film, using a motor base, and it is a good inexpensive alternative to Jobo. Also takes up a lot less room.

I have a number of both Beseler and Unicolor drums. None of the Beseler drums leak, all of my Unicolor drums leak, at least the ones that have gaskets. Unicolor did make some drums that use a friction cap like the Beseler and I have two of those that do not leak.

You want to make sure that the drum you buy has separators. These are built into most of the Unicolor drums, but the separators for the Beseler drums are small plastic rods that sometimes get separated from the drum. If you don't have the rods you will be pretty limited in terms of film size that you can process.

Sandy King

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin