Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,618   Online: 743

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Lost the micropghen part A

I just learned the hard way that it is not a good idea to use a thermometer to stir very hot water anyway it exploded in the water I had already put part A of my Microphen in, is it possible to buy just that on its own or might I be better of throwing part B away?

Edit: oops cant edit the poorly spelled title I was going to remove the G and add the capital M.
    Last edited by ajuk; 09-22-2009 at 12:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    I just learned the hard way that it is not a good idea to use a thermometer to stir very hot water anyway it exploded in the water I had already put part A of my Microphen in, is it possible to buy just that on its own or might I be better of throwing part B away?

Edit: oops cant edit the poorly spelled title I was going to remove the G and add the capital M.
    You can not buy part A separately and part B is useless without part A, so you might as well throw it away and buy some more Microphen.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    On phone to LCS
    Me "Hi do you have Microphen"
    Guy (Yorkshire accent) "Microphones"
    Me "Micro-phen"
    Guy "Micro-phone"
    Me "No phen Ilford Microphen"
    Guy "oh, Ilford Micro-film"
    Me "NO Ilford Microphen, film developer in a box"
    Guy "I'll just look..........Yes its in a box 1ltr its a powder"
    Me "Thankyou I'll come over"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sadly typical nowadays - echos of the 2 Ronnies Fork Handles sketch! (for those Brits over a certain age!).
    At least he'd got some though (Microphen, not four candles, that is!).

Rob

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ha I went into a hardware store once and said "Fork'andles" and she said the candles are over there, I was thinking she can't have herd of it, I couldn't keep it up I just said thanks they're not what I'm looking for and left.

Jacobs in Bristol are quite good they have some Ilford Warm Tone FB paper in various sizes but it's not cheap even though the box is tatty as it's clearly been there a while, does paper not have an expiry date?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Depends what was in the thermometer. Some use mercury -it would all fall to the bottom. Alcohol would disperse and conceivably be no problem.
    Try it.
    Murray

Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd say give it a shot with a couple of test rolls...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
    Part A is probably rather dilute by now It's water may have passed through 4 humans and a few fish by this time

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [YOUTUBE]Cz2-ukrd2VQ[/YOUTUBE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
    Without part A it is useless (no developing agents).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin