Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,930   Online: 865

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    I'll drink to that

Actually, and I say this with entente cordiale notvab attempt to argue, you do touch on one of my perpetual bugbears - football hooliganism. As a football fan of around 20 years, and a supporter (I.e. attends matches) of around 16 years, I can say categorically that as much as we have an utterly disgraceful history, the behaviour today of - say - Italian football supporters would be completely unthinkable in England. While the Italians are stabbing each other outside the ground as a matter of course, and throwing missiles inside it, and the Spanish suporters are being openly racist without punishment, English supporters are still paying the price for 20 year old crimes. And to be honest, I don't mind the latter part of that equation - we should be held to account for our own appalling history - but I do object to it being used as a cloak of invlunerability to addressing problems elsewhere. "We're not English so we don't have a problem" is a lazy and dishonest attitude.

If you're ever in London when my team - Chelsea - play our nearest rivals Arsenal (sorry Spurs & Fulham fans ,) I would be more than happy to take you to the game, and I know we will have a perfectly enjoyable and safe time. When I was in Rome and they were playing Lazio, the police were closing restaurants and advising people to go home for their own safety...

(The invite to a game at The Bridge is an open and sincere one BTW .)
    I wish, I would have known this earlier. Just came back from a weekend in Putney.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I wish, I would have known this earlier. Just came back from a weekend in Putney.
    We were putting in a woeful performance away from home, so you had a lucky escape!

Let me know the next time you're in West Lahndan though. I can't guarantee tickets, and God knows I can't guarantee we won't be rubbish, but I can guarantee I'll buy you a drink
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin