Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,542   Online: 888

Shooter
    35mm RF

White marks at my first roll

Just received from the lab (for scanning) my fisrt roll I developed 2 days ago... I really like the results (d76 - delta100) but I notice some white marks on the final image...

What are these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00190006.jpg   crop.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I suspect it is dust or dirt which entered the emulsion while the film was wet. Try dusting the negs; even using film cleaner. If I am wrong, you are in good shape.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes as John say that's called dust. Scanning or printing with a condenser enlarger tends to really pick then up/out and there's not a lot you can do except *** can't say but the software has tools ***.

If you print or s*** the images yourself you can use a camel hair brush or similar and visually check/clean/re-check to minimise dust particles. But as soon as someone else is involved things change

Ian

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Yes as John say that's called dust. Scanning or printing with a condenser enlarger tends to really pick then up/out and there's not a lot you can do except *** can't say but the software has tools ***.

If you print or s*** the images yourself you can use a camel hair brush or similar and visually check/clean/re-check to minimise dust particles. But as soon as someone else is involved things change

Ian
    Ian you can say "scan" here. It's getting a bit ridiculous when we're self-censoring words.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a can of compressed air to blow the dust off the negatives and the flat bed before scanning.

We can say scanning when we are talking about using a scanner to show samples of film for discussion. We cannot get into long discussions about digital methods or workflow in APUG. There are better places for that, like the sister site.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin