Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,111   Online: 1030

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Neal, I am not that precise. I use one dry down factor regardless of tonality. Frankly I don't see that much of a visual difference from high to low key. I find that the dry down factor works consistently. I have a Zone VI cold light stabilizer with a dry down meter. I go through the process of making the best print that I can with the dry down meter at zero. Once, I've completed and recorded all adjustements (i.e. burning dodging etc.), I dial in 8% of dry down and make the final print(s). That's it. If I were you, I'd establish my basic dry down factor and start using it. Then, I would fine tune it to fit your application.
    Often wrong, but never in doubt!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now, if you're compensating in each step of the print process to adjust for dry down, suppose you had an 8 second "dodge" of an area and a 10% dry down factor, you would INCREASE the dodging time by 10% wouldn't you? Not decrease it.

These are the problems in life that befuddle me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    you would decrease!
    Often wrong, but never in doubt!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin