Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,761   Online: 1260

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Films with UV blockers

As I'm starting to work with carbon printing, I'm interested to know whether T-Max 100 and T-Max 400 roll films are the products with a UV blocker layer?

I understand T-Max 100 sheet film contains the UV blocker whereas T-Max 400 does not.

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Tom,

I search of the Kodak publications on T-Max 100 does not turn up either "UV" or "Ultraviolet". I would play it safe and shoot T-Max 400 until you get a chance to contact Kodak and ask them directly.

Good Luck and have fun with the carbon printing.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    As I'm starting to work with carbon printing, I'm interested to know whether T-Max 100 and T-Max 400 roll films are the products with a UV blocker layer?

I understand T-Max 100 sheet film contains the UV blocker whereas T-Max 400 does not.

Tom
    TMX 100 has UV blockers, TMY does not.

At least in sheet sizes. I don't know about roll film for TMAX 100. A great alternative to TMAX 100 is Fuji Across 100.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Wow... I didn't know manufacturers were coating films with UV blockers. Shows how outdated my information is. Any other sheet films with UV coatings? I may not need to buy UV filters.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Wow... I didn't know manufacturers were coating films with UV blockers. Shows how outdated my information is. Any other sheet films with UV coatings? I may not need to buy UV filters.
    I'm not aware of any other films that have a UV blocker,
    Don Bryant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin