Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,680   Posts: 1,482,187   Online: 1058

Thread: Adorama Brand

Images
    Does anyone know who makes the fiber paper that Adorama brands? How about the chemistry?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Its been said in several articles that the paper is re-branded Ilford. I've used Adorama VC paper and it is very close to Ilford, but not quite exactly the same. I found that it toned better and easier in Selenium than Ilford does.

All and all, its a decent paper that can't be beat for its price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to agree with Alex. I've heard and read the same story about it being re-branded Ilford, but I'm not completely convinced. Ilford might be manufacturing the stuff, but if they are it's not the same stuff as they sell under their own brand. Still, it is an exceptional bargain. There is nothing I've found to complain about. I've used Adorama's brand of rapid fix and stop bath, but these things are the same no matter where you get them. Developers are another story. I'll stick to the name brand stuff there - especially when it comes to film. One screw up and you've wasted the roll. I know what to expect from name brands.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the adorama RC for all my work prints and contact sheets. Best bargin there is. Good paper also.
    Non Digital Diva

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How does the Adorama VC FB compare to Forte (same)?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka
    How does the Adorama VC FB compare to Forte (same)?
    The Forte warm tone FB is about three to three-and-a-half stops slower. Ilford WT was about one stop slower.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin