Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,931   Online: 864

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    The other issue of course, I can use chemical X to remove any possible stain, the question is, does chemical X leave any invisible trace behind, and does that affect the chemicals that will be stored in the bottle.
    In a studio in which I worked as a printer, the old darkroom rats insisted we empty the developer tray first at end of day; then dump the contents of the stop bath tray into the developer tray, slosh it around, then put it in the sink to wash.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All of the suggestions have merit. But why not keep it simple: the old trick of a packet of BBs, then rolling them around in the bottle of hot liquid works and has no possible ill effects, other than being a bit slow. As i mentioned before, I found the gravel used in the bottom of fish aquariums worked extremely well. A small bag of that costs very little. End of problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    In a studio in which I worked as a printer, the old darkroom rats insisted we empty the developer tray first at end of day; then dump the contents of the stop bath tray into the developer tray, slosh it around, then put it in the sink to wash.
    Yep - I remember that John. But then I thought, (and I try and avoid that - gives me headaches!!) all that does is neutralize the alkaline developer and if there's any trace of stop left in the dev. tray - your next batch s messed up. It's like I was saying earlier in the thread - I use something to clean up - then I worry whether I've cleaned up the cleaning agent properly.

I've decided to just keep taking the meds - a nice single malt with a touch of ice. After a few of those I just don't give a rats rump.

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [ a nice single malt with a touch of ice. After a few of those I just don't give a rats rump.

Bob H[/QUOTE]
    Ahh, yes. And some Stolly, for drying negs; and for Stolly Wolly cleaning, too. The Stolly can be used to clean the lens on an Olly, too!!

BTW, those old lab rats did everything "wrong." Smoked (although mainly chewed) cigars in the darkroom. Left FB prints in the stop all morning--and fixed them before going to lunch; carried 100 rolls worth of uncut 120 negs slung over the shoulder from room to room.
    Last edited by Anscojohn; 10-15-2009 at 08:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin