Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,930   Online: 994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

120 & 127 film Are they the same length?

I have a few rolls of 127 and want to respool them on 120 6x7 camera and was wondering if i will get 10 images per roll?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    127 is about 6inches shorter than 120. Have fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea but the thought is giving me a heart attack. I've heard of going the other way, but never 127 to 120. Here I am trying to figure out film for my 127s on my limited budget. If you do respool them, can I have the 127 spools and backing paper at least? Then I can reroll some 35mm for my 127s.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by asp.artist View Post
    127 is about 6inches shorter than 120. Have fun!
    It looks like the most i would get is about 7 shots!

Thanks for the info!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by McFortner View Post
    I have no idea but the thought is giving me a heart attack. I've heard of going the other way, but never 127 to 120. Here I am trying to figure out film for my 127s on my limited budget. If you do respool them, can I have the 127 spools and backing paper at least? Then I can reroll some 35mm for my 127s.

Michael
    When i do respool them you can have the spools and paper, there will be only 3 total.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't understand the point of doing this. Not only is 127 shorter than 120 but it is also a lot narrower; that's why 127 cameras are considerably smaller than 120 ones. If you have some 127 film, even if it's outdated, you could offer it on ebay and you are pretty certain to get sufficient to buy new rolls of 120 film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure someone sitting on a baby Rollei or a Y'mat 44 would be quite happy to trade you 120 for 127. Seems a waste to use it that way. Try an ad in the classifieds.

Shooter
    35mm
    ditto the sentiment about it being somewhat of a waste. I'd certainly swap some 120 for 127 if you were willing to! I even have old emulsions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will not let film go to waste. I dont want to go through the trouble of selling it and shipping it. How is it a waste? If i run it through a different camera with better optics and in return i receive great negs, how is that waste? I dont understand!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Poor choice of words on my part; my apologies. How about "seems a shame to use scarce 127 film when what you need is 120"?

It's your film and your choice. But I do think that there should be enough of a demand for 127 to compensate you for your time and trouble (i.e. 5 rolls of 120 for 4 of 127 - that type of thing), and avoid the trouble of re-spooling. If you can't find anyone interested, then clearly I'm wrong about the demand for 127.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin