Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,638   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Filter use really depends on the particular subject and lighting, but generally I use dark yellow and yellow-green for increased contrast (red is too much in my opinion). I also use a polarizer in glare situations and a 6-stop neutral density filter for slowing water.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    35mm
    Yellow or orange. Using a yellow filter improves your lens with b&w film. Makes it more apochromatic, only one color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A 3-1/2 Kodak Polycontrast filter.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A medium yellow filter (Wratten 8 or equivalent) is probably the most useful. It controls the sky nicely. I've found that a yellow-green (Wratten 11 or equivalent, not real green) is very useful with foliage. In my part of the country (dessert, red rocks) and orange filter is quite useful. Red filters don't get used that much, but they are needed sometimes in contrast situations and when really dramatic skies are called for. Blue is definitely only for very special uses, generally commercial and industrial contrast situations. You can us a blue filter to imitate the old, non-color sensitive films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yellow-green for me. Then orange, sometimes red, green, polarizer and yellow (the latter especially with snow pics).
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blue doesn't get used often with outdoor photography as most people want to darken blue skies, not lighten them.

However, blue (80B) does have a place with studio photod, especially male portraits. It makes skin get dark and that can look very rugged for male portraits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yellow, and red now and then. Orange is a good middle ground between red and yellow, of course.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About the only filter I use is Green.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I believe it really depends on what I consider the "SOUL" of your vision when capturing an image. I use mostly red, 06/09 nd & polarizer.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Light-yellow, yellow-green/light-green and orange.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin