Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,902   Posts: 1,584,559   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ph meter?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There are paper indicators on the market offering a resolution of 0.1 (depending on range).

Concerning this resolutions I rather spend money on several rolls of these as on a delicate electronic ph-meter.

The situation would be different, in case the needed resolution and accuracy would be higher, or ph-metering would often be done, and thus taking a lot of paper.

Another aspect are colourings of the tested fliuds. Such can make use of paper strips difficult.
    For what it's worth, 'accepted lore' in the world of fishkeeping - where an anal degree of testing and logging of water parameters is the order of the day - seems to be that the paper test strips are notoriously unreliable and liquid drop tests are preferred.

I've no idea if this is true only of the ones marketed to aquarists, although I can say the pH test element of my Ag-Fix fixer test strips does seem to be horribly inaccurate.

Anyway, the more helpful part of this post would be to say if you're looking for pH test kits, try your local aquarium shop! [Although I dare say there may be a reason why these wouldn't be appropriate for testing photographic chemistry - maybe PE or someone will pipe up.]
    Last edited by tim_walls; 10-15-2009 at 11:49 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Realised the phrase "anal testing" could be misconstrued ;-)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    pH Measurement of Photographic Processing Solutions ULM-191-2 :
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...3_ulm191-2.pdf
    George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a PH meter when preparing and processing E6 from the Kodak sinlge use 5L kit to see if the chemistry is within the tolerances recommended Kodak. Also I use a hydrometer to measure the specific gravity of the solutions to make sure they are mixed properly. I don't normally check B&W chemistry from packages.

Gord

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin