Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,969   Posts: 1,523,454   Online: 974

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitly sounds like time for new bottles. I know, we all acquire attachments to our "favorite" items, but sometimes you just have to replace them.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post

What has worked for you?
    Nothing!

I recently cleaned my drum-style fixer container with spigot. I tired the following without success:

70% isopropyl
    98% isopropyl
    Denatured ethanol
    Naptha
    Concentrated fresh fixer
    Acetic acid
    Laquer thinner
    Mineral spirits
    Soap and water

I wound up just scraping most of the residue off with a "Chore Boy".

Shooter
    Large Format
    I once had what I presumed was a silver compound from overused fixer, plating out on the surface of nalgeen bottles. physical scrubbing was the only solution to removing it. It came off in flakes.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin