Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,159   Online: 881

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    I am moving in a week or so, and will be on a septic system for the first time. What are the do's and don't of disposal with it, and more specifically with darkroom waste. I do have a silver recovery system, but I am worried about spent developer, both film, and paper.

Patrick
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Patrick, I have been using my darkroom out here in the country for 10 years now without any problems to the septic system. I was told by a Kodak rep that a normal septic system will handle 25% of it's total volume in darkroom waste without problems. I do watch that I am not putting anything exotic into it (I don't do Pyro at home), and I do not put any fix into the septic. I have a place locally that will accept small amounts of fix from home darkrooms for proper disposal.
    Most developers are fairly dilute when used, and I will sometimes put a bit of stop into it before washing it down the drain. There are probably worse items under your kitchen sink or in the bathroom (cleaners) that will end up down the drain.
    Brian McDowell

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin