Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,795   Online: 952

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which enlarger are you using? I wouldn't start swapping bulbs without a lot of research. As Donald said, the bulb is matched to the housing and power supply, so any changes may be a problem. The Omega 4x5 enlarger I use for all of my enlarging comes with a 260 watt bulb. It is possible that 100 watts is correct for a MF enlarger and a higher bulb rating would be needed for an enlarger of greater capacity.

The question of negative density is also a good one. Are you exposing with a lot of highlight detail in this long exposure print, or is it a "normal" shot?

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The mixing chamber will absolutely effect times. You need to change to the correct one.

And as we have all said, check the specs for your specific enlarger to find out what light source would be correct other wise you will create additional issues.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Snapper;
    I believe the instruction indiacte a 2.5 exposure factor.

Images
    I've used Polywarmtone, and compared to Ilford FB, it is quite a bit slower. My notes indicate that I was consistently using a 1 stop smaller aperture plus a slightly longer exposure time.

Nice stuff, though, and really heavy paper stock is always sexy.[/i]
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin