Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,295   Online: 885

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, it was about 75 rolls.... :-)

BUT, 65 of them were 120mm, on a camera that eats up frames, so it's 9-10 shots per roll on those....

BUT HEY!

I want that medal!
    E-mail me with the congrats and details.
    (I wont pay for shipping and handling)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uh, uh, no, no..not unless you show us the prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's always a catch, isn't there?

Keep that medal on hold, I'll try to meet the requirements

:-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What effect would mixing the Diafine at a higher concentration have on the outcome? Thinking, get more chemical soaked into the film make more contrast.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It may be a tad off-topic but I have noticed with my own 2 bath mixture (split D23 really) that agitation makes a difference. Films developed at the usual time but on a roller show more contrast..
    Hans

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary,

That makes perfect sense, but unfortunately I don't have easy access to Diafine (Adorama or Freestyle are my only options), so I can't test it out.

Hans,

That's what I thought too, so I've been agitating the heck out of bath A, so it soaks and develops (even if its only a tiny little bit), but I've left bath B at 5 secs per minute. Agitating bath B more would give my highlights more development, not the shadows, since these wouldn't exhaust the developer as quickly, and my problem is shadow separation.

I think that selenium will solve my problem, since a preliminary neg scan (flat bed scanner, invert and work levels on PS) shows enough detail for a high-contrast print to be just right.

If that makes any sense....

Once again (and as always) thank you all for your replies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some Diafine users manipulate contrast with alternative "B" solutions.

To lower contrast, use 10 to 20 grams of Borax(from the supermarket) in a liter of water as the "B" bath.

To increase contrast use sodium hydroxide (Red Devil Lye from the supermarket) and water. SLOWLY add the Lye (about 15 to 20 grams/liter) to cold water - use gloves and eye protection. This "B" bath will loose its high level of activity fairly quickly so it should be mixed just prior to use for highest contrast results.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin