Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,500   Online: 1123

poo

I noticed in the Massive Dev Chart at http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html that it is possible to produce negatives from AGFA Scala film. I'm just curious, has anyone tried this? And if so, with what results?

Per

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why would you want to? You can scan the transparency for publication with great results and there are plenty of good negatives films available.

gma

poo

I probably wouldn't want to because of the cost. One reason would be that I don't scan, just print. But I was mainly curious. Since the figures were there, *someone* must have wanted to try, at least.

Per

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by poo
    I noticed in the Massive Dev Chart at http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html that it is possible to produce negatives from AGFA Scala film. I'm just curious, has anyone tried this? And if so, with what results?
    Per
    A friend and I shot Scala and APX 100 side by side recently both using 80/2.8 zeiss planars on different makes of camera. After comparing the results on the light table we concluded that grain and sharpness are *very* similar. If you want something close to scala as a negative film try apx. Rumours have it that it is the same emulsion on a clear base.

best

Stefan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've heard the other way around that you can make mono slides from FP4 with some sort of chemical.
    Does anybody know how?

If Agfa really stops producing Scala at some point, I will need an alternative!

Anne Marieke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    there was an article by Michael Maunder in the previous issue of AG about making slides from tech pan. Michael makes a chemical set called "Celer Reverser"and it is described at at www.speedibrews.co.uk although i'm not sure that he sells them through his website.

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just about any conventional b&w negative film can be reversal processed to produce a transparency. The color in the film base used for negative films is a problem. You end up with a blue grey or lavender base color in your transparencies. Film made for reversal has a clear base.

gma

P S Check this website for questions and answers about reversing film.

www.dr5.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin