Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,497   Online: 986

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone ever developed Fuji Neopan Acros (rated at 100) in Ilford DD-X? I have a large bottle of DDX and I am afraid I won't be able to finish it before its shelf life expires (in 3 months) and instead of breaking into a new bottle of Rodinal, think that maybe DDX is the way to go. Digital Truth doesn't have the data for 120 film.....

Jin

I have tried this combination with 35mm and found it to be grainy at 9.5" x 12" on multi grade paper.
    I only tried one roll.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Has anyone ever developed Fuji Neopan Acros (rated at 100) in Ilford DD-X? I have a large bottle of DDX and I am afraid I won't be able to finish it before its shelf life expires (in 3 months) and instead of breaking into a new bottle of Rodinal, think that maybe DDX is the way to go. Digital Truth doesn't have the data for 120 film.....

Jin
    I have used it with Acros 120 - DDX 1+4 (one shot technique) 9 minutes at 20 degrees C with 15 seconds inversion agitation every minute. Great smoothly detailed negatives with excellent tonal range. Nice creamy quality to the lighter tones and deep blacks. On my own experience, I would say it is a good combination.
    JeffC

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I will post my results if I think they may be of interest.

Jin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For me about 6.75 Minutes in DD-X 1+9 at 24C in a Jobo. This gives me negs that print at grade 2 with a diffusion head. This works well for both 120 and 4x5. I use 600ml of dilute solution for 12 sheets (3 rolls).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is your opinion (and experience) with DD-X in general? Is there a particular film it excels in? Most of the people I know seem to dislike DD-X or think it bland. This is my first try with the developer and unfortunately they sell them in such large bottles that I have to shoot every weekend in order to finish it off in 3 months. So far, the Delta negs I've developed with it look OK but not exactly sparkling.

Jin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin