Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,981   Online: 819

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice results, very nice. I'd be very curious to see how they print and at what grade...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well just tried this with a colour C41 I got in a £1 disposable camera from poundland. The film was marked as Kodak 200, but I'm not necessarily convinced about that. Might have been a recycled canister, as there are no edge markings on there. (Is this a characteristic of disposable camera films?)

From first looks, good density negatives, the result not unlike the sort of thing you'd get with Kodak BW400CN. The negs are still somewhat milky, but thats because they haven't fully dried yet. When they're ready for the scanner, I'll post a few here

(R09 1+100, in water, agitate 1 minute, stand for an hour 20 Deg C, fix for 5 minutes)

This could be quite an interesting exercise...
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And from the plate of the scanner.....

Raw, No corrections, only editing was to shrink to 50% size so I could upload

Oh and yes, I really need to wipe the dust off the scanner as well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails disposible004shrunk.jpg   disposible003shrunk.jpg   disposible002shrunk.jpg   disposible001shrunk.jpg  
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Works well in Diafine too.
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rhodes,
    That last one, the fir stem on the marble, is eqsuisit (darn, I can't spell it).
    Ek squiz it.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    Those results look very good. When I've tried this with normal colour C41, I've not had the best of results, which I've put down to the orange mask (which C41 colour tends to have) and the fact that C41 tends to be a bit lighter in silver than "Proper" B&W, as its just there for light capture, and something for the dye clouds to form around. It certainly isn't in the final negative.

So Rodinal 1:100 on stand. Can I ask what temperature, and for how long?

As I might give this a quick whirl on some cheap Kodak Colorplus I bought a load of
    Kodak recommend to improve b&w results by using fix + citric acid, they list it for Ektachrome nad Kodachrome only.. not sure why.. but it might be worth a test.
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consu...s/pdf/ae31.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Anscojohn!
    Good results Aurum. I once, by mistake, developed a colour C41 form fuji, with rodinal 1+200 for one hour but it came out completly ruined!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Kodak recommend to improve b&w results by using fix + citric acid, they list it for Ektachrome nad Kodachrome only.. not sure why.. but it might be worth a test.
    I think reading between the lines, its to remove colour couplers which give a yellow stain. This is going to be of use with uncoloured base films such as E6 . For good old C41 colour, the orange base is going to mask off any slight staining anyway. For stuff like XP2 I don't think its an issue, but its useful to know just in case

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I might try it on some already developed colour neg, and some cross-processed colour neg when I visit the health food shop next.

It's interesting that it mentions that it can cause reduction of silver as an unwanted side effect though..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've tried Ilford XP-2 Super with great results. I developed for 13 1/2 minutes in Tetenal Ultrafin 1+20, with 12 initial inversions, and 4 every 3 minutes thereafter, if my notes are right. The negatives were incredibly similar to other Ilford films, with no dyes or mask remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Kodak BW400CN was terrible. The orange mask would not come out. Even scanning they are totally useless. I will have to try this one, with some modifications. My stop bath from Tetenal is citric acid, so it may work.

I processed some Ektar 100 in HP-110. The negatives look amazing, if only the dye will come out, the image will be what I was looking for. I'll definitely be trying this!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin