Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,204   Posts: 1,531,655   Online: 1142

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Ilford Xp2 with rodinal

Developed my second xp2 at iso 200 with rodinal 1:100, stand development. Here are some results.
    I drive my grandmother and a friend of her, since it was their time to "take care" of the graves, changing the flours and light the candles in the lamps.
    It can also be interesting since one, the persons who do not know how our cemiteries look like, can see how they are!
    It was the last saturday, fall (almost winter) sunny day.

two of my grandmother

the lantern of my grandfather grave. Note that this kind of lamps are not the style used in this region. This kind is more use in the interior regions of Portugal. Here we tend to use a simple marble lamp almost the same color as the marble of the grave.

What do you think?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My experiments with old C41 film yielded very low contrast negatives - I assume you are cranking it up after the scans?

If so you may have a hard time printing it on silver paper. If not interesting results.

RB

Shooter
    35mm
    Only a bit, after scanning the negatives!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wasn't even aware that XP2 could be processed in a conventional black and white developer. Was this an experiment, just to see what it would look like, or have you been doing this for some time?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Those results look very good. When I've tried this with normal colour C41, I've not had the best of results, which I've put down to the orange mask (which C41 colour tends to have) and the fact that C41 tends to be a bit lighter in silver than "Proper" B&W, as its just there for light capture, and something for the dye clouds to form around. It certainly isn't in the final negative.

So Rodinal 1:100 on stand. Can I ask what temperature, and for how long?

As I might give this a quick whirl on some cheap Kodak Colorplus I bought a load of
    Last edited by Aurum; 12-23-2009 at 03:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Removed speed question as actually re-read O.P's posting
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Weird! I would never have expected this to be possible...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I've done this, it's Rodinal 1+100 for 2 hours, agitate for the first 30 seconds or minute, and leave for two hours.

Shooter
    35mm
    Chris, 2 hours? And how the results?

No, it was my second time. Temp was 20ºC, one hour stand. Agitation during the first minute (gentle) and then one hour stand! Aparently one can develop any film that has silver with a b&w developer, but the results may not be good. I even didn't know that one can use rodinal as a first developer for a slide film.
    I tried once with kodak 400bn, and the result was terrible, because of the orange mask. XP do not have this mask, and the negs are purple.
    I discovered this way of developing ilford c-41 bw film by this blog:
    http://www.1point4photography.com/bl...ped-in-rodinal
    I bought rodinal just for this!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They come out great, but it's usually because I rate the XP2 at 400 or 800 instead of 200, and I also have a large backstock of expired XP2 and XP2 Super, so I give it a bit extra to account for the film's age.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm impressed.

Rodinal: Check
    C41 film (tonnes of) : Check
    Empty Camera: Check

Itching to try something different : Check and Check again
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin