Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,887   Online: 1001

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to see this thread, as I have done some recent work with Agfa MC111 as well. Thought it might be my own processing. I like the paper for toning, really do like the way it tones in a combo of KRST and Viradon..did notice the same thing with KRST, started off with a rich dark black, that moves to eggplant almost before I knew it, which is why the Viradon, ended up liked the results. Have just started a little printing with some Forte and really like it, little better whites but tones like MC111 - and is less $$. Was using Ilford MGIV and wanted to just see if there was another paper I liked as much..turns out there was.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DUH! My dislexia attacked again

I liked the way AGFA MCC/MCP gets the midtones right, then a boost using a filter 5 (split-filtering) gets me there.
    I found that Ethol LPD works real good with MCC/MCP, and the dilution does not affect the contrast that much but gives it a diferent tonality (very slight change)

Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    If you meant the AGFA - yes definately. i found the base is definately not as white, and I think this may add to the appearance of less contrast also. Makes it difficult to get a glowing print by comparison. I now prefer not to use it for some of my prints. A little frustating sometimes having to use a higher contrast filtration with the consequential loss of print detail.
    PhotoMC, what combo of KRST/Viradon are you using?
    Something similar to the old viradon / kodak polytoner?

Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Glad to see this thread, as I have done some recent work with Agfa MC111 as well. Thought it might be my own processing. I like the paper for toning, really do like the way it tones in a combo of KRST and Viradon..did notice the same thing with KRST, started off with a rich dark black, that moves to eggplant almost before I knew it, which is why the Viradon, ended up liked the results. Have just started a little printing with some Forte and really like it, little better whites but tones like MC111 - and is less $$. Was using Ilford MGIV and wanted to just see if there was another paper I liked as much..turns out there was
    Here in NC, Forte is far more expensive than AGFA... I got a MCC 8x10 box for $60
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak's Rapid Fix does not have the hardener included. The hardener is sold separately and can be added if needed or desired.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    PhotoMC, what combo of KRST/Viradon are you using?
    Something similar to the old viradon / kodak polytoner?
    This was the hard way, seperate processing - toned in KRST, processed and washed - then into viradon. Wish I could find some of the old viradon or polytoner. Ann, if you see this what is your recommendation? Seems like I remeber you talking about it in another thread.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yep, I think it is silvergrain.org that has formulas to mix viradon+KRST and get a polytoner like toner.

I'll have to wait 2 or 3 weeks before I can go back into the Darkroom.... we are moving to a new place and I won;t have a basement anymore
    Mama took my APX away.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin