Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,059   Online: 873

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    How much should I trust the 'best before' date on Fotospeed Lith developer. The best before date is 01-2004 and I have been using it on and off for 2 years. Time to buy a new kit?

Last time I used it, I was getting white spots (not on the neg) in the highlights - almost the reverse of pepper fogging. Could this be a sign of ageing of the developer?

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="Snapper"]Time to buy a new kit?

I have not used Fotospeed Lith products, I am slowly working my way through a couple of containers of Champion chemicals. They seem to last for ever and I do not know whether these chemicals ever do go off. Don't forget the "old brown" which is added to fresh developer. If you are going to buy fresh, I would not dispose of the old stuff. Have you read Tim Rudman's book on the process ? There may be some info there.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I use LD20, nd the expiry date on the box I used earlier this year was october 2002. Worked OK, so I wouldn't wory about yours!

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Snapper, I don't know if you see the Black & White magazine, probably not in view of your question but Tim Rudman has an ongoing series of articles (based on his book but updated) about Lith printing. He lists in the current issue, details of some chemicals which he describes as having "a long shelf life".
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin