Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,887   Online: 1202

Thread: TF4 or TF5

Shooter
    Multi Format

TF4 or TF5

I need to replace my fixer soon. I've been using TF4 for everything the last few years, and I remember reading a thread in this forum a few months ago, about a new version TF5, maybe less odor (not that TF4 bothers me). I couldn't find those threads, but is there any reason not to go to TF5 for future use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought my first bottle of TF-4 so I'm not up to speed on the products. However, I would go to Formulary's site and do a product comparison.

Rick

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi George,

I just received my 1st couple gallons of TF5. I haven't opened them yet, but TF5 doesn't have the "white sludge" that TF4 does. I'm very glad to see that because every time I opened a new gallon of TF4, I was very aware that perhaps I hadn't shaken the bottle enough to properly disperse the sludge. With TF5 that problem is solved.

It will be a couple months before I use up the old TF4 and actually try the TF5.

PS Don't forget the formulary's free shipping offer that ends in a couple days.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I couldn't find anything about free shipping, plus they did charge me shipping on the TF5 order I received two weeks ago.

Did I miss it somewhere?

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mike,

For each of the last several years the Formulary has offered free shipping during December on orders over a certain amount. I believe this year's offer runs through January 4, 2010 for orders over $109.

Sign up for the Formulary Newsletter, they always send me an e-mail with the free shipping offer.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin