Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,074   Online: 726

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rwboyer View Post
    ...Have you compared Dektol with this? Differences?...
    Haven't mixed Dektol in many, many years. Back then I did try Agfa MCC 111 in Dektol and found Neutol WA much better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naugastyle View Post
    ...Fantastic paper. Now I just wish it were cheaper.
    This is 2010. Current analog photography marketplace realities (read low volume) dictate prices of top-tier, ultra quality products. I'm down on bended knee thanking Adox for its efforts to bring this paper back to life and suggest we be happy for the option to purchase it. Should it disappear again, today's prices will appear cheap. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took Adox up on the offer of trying their free 5-sheet test packages when they introduced the idea of manufacturing this paper. I thought it was awesome and to have identical tonality to the old agfa, but of course with the difference of a brighter base.
    I used it with 130. Great results.

Nowadays I have settled on my papers of choice, and I don't want to throw another emulsion into the mix. If I was looking for a new paper to use, this would be very high up on the list.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm using it and like it a lot. Ordered, and in the process of using, 200 sheets (8 of the 25 packs). Still have some Ilford left to use. I won't be buying anymore Ilford unless 110 fails.

Sal, I do think it could be offered cheaper, per sheet, in larger quantities. I think all the paper manufacturers have a cheaper per sheet price (less packaging per 100/250 boxes and lower handling costs) than the 25 sheet packs. I'm sure the big guys don't lose money on the larger boxes.

I'd jump at the chance to buy it in 100 or 250 sheet lots.

Just 2 cents worth.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rwboyer View Post
    Have you used plain old Dektol with MCC?

RB
    No, I develop in LPD. I just split-toned it
    last night in Kodak Sepia II and KRST and
    was very happy with the result. It's a
    gorgeous paper.
    Sanders McNew
    My Flickr stream

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    ...Sal, I do think it could be offered cheaper, per sheet, in larger quantities...
    Undoubtedly, a marginally lower price would be feasible. But to boycott such an outstanding product based only on that factor seems counterproductive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Undoubtedly, a marginally lower price would be feasible. But to boycott such an outstanding product based only on that factor seems counterproductive.
    I agree. I have seen other papers that only seem to come in small packs, and it can be frustrating. I would love to see 100 and 250 sheet boxes of this paper in 8x10 and 11x14 in 50 sheet packs.

Perhaps if enough of us contacted Mirko about this, we could persuade him to have the paper packaged in larger quantities.

Just a thought,

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleiflexible View Post
    No, I develop in LPD. I just split-toned it
    last night in Kodak Sepia II and KRST and
    was very happy with the result. It's a
    gorgeous paper.
    I like the color of it sooooo much I am afraid to tone it but will ultimately do some toning tests. It is one of the few things that look so good raw that I am reluctant to keep screwing with it.

On another note...

Saw some of your high key stuff. Really nice (then again I am a sucker for well done high key black and white). One question - The appearance of the photos suggests a fairly simple and possibly very portable setup (maybe in a bunch of locations?) My question is do you have an suggestions for similar set ups that are really portable?

My current MO is throwing a lot of stuff at my high key shots - two heads/umbrellas for the background, one head w/ box for the main and two heads diffused through a giant silk for fill.

This is all fine and dandy for shooting local or a bunch of people when I travel but lugging 5 heads, 2 packs, cords, a roll of seamless, all of the stands, umbrellas, a box, and camera gear to a location for one or two shots is not my idea of fun. I plan on doing a series of portraits on 8x10 in the next few months and most will be on location - I plan on a few very simple lighting setups if the available light/environment is not conducive to my needs. Your images for some reason just give me the impression that the high key setup is mobile - any suggestions?

RB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Undoubtedly, a marginally lower price would be feasible. But to boycott such an outstanding product based only on that factor seems counterproductive."
    Sal

I agree, I'm going to keep right on using it. I'd just use "more" if it came in larger boxes with a discount as other paper manufacturers provide.

I couldn't go back to Ilford after using this paper.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RB - Can you scan I print form the MCC? I have been wanting to use this paper but I am a visual type of guy.

jb

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin