Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,158   Online: 793

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ed - glad it helped. If you have a reflection densitometer it's instructive to print a step wedge and plot the print density vs exposure - that really shows you what's happening.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    Thanks Ed - glad it helped. If you have a reflection densitometer it's instructive to print a step wedge and plot the print density vs exposure - that really shows you what's happening.
    Richard, he's wanting to buy the ZoneMaster II. Don't encourage him to figure things out without it.

BTW, I found part of my exposure problem. Just part--still mysteries to solve. My enlarger is set up in temporary digs and was up next to unpainted drywall. Still way off from my previous calibration. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm running into a water PH problem. (moved to another city).
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I used Agfa 111 Classic FB and a condensor enlarger when I returned to photography in 1996. As a result, my negatives do not have the CI needed to split low/mid tones on ILFORD MG IV fiber. So, if this paper has a short contrast range then it may be a good tool. I also like the grey scale of the older paper.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken N View Post
    Richard, he's wanting to buy the ZoneMaster II. Don't encourage him to figure things out without it.

BTW, I found part of my exposure problem. Just part--still mysteries to solve. My enlarger is set up in temporary digs and was up next to unpainted drywall. Still way off from my previous calibration. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm running into a water PH problem. (moved to another city).
    I thought it a bit cheeky to try the salesman act, but Ed, there's a ZoneMaster here with "reserved" on it

Ken, I guess it's possible that the water may have an effect. There are so many variables in photography that sometimes it's hard to keep them all under control. I hope you get it nailed down soon.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought it a bit cheeky to try the salesman act, but Ed, there's a ZoneMaster here with "reserved" on it

Ken, I guess it's possible that the water may have an effect. There are so many variables in photography that sometimes it's hard to keep them all under control. I hope you get it nailed down soon.
    Richard, as a 100% satisfied customer I'm going to suggest that "cheeky is in". Nicolas can pipe in here with his wares too, but just as I've done for the several years, I'll continue to sing your praises.

My calibrated configuration has me a little confounded. I've got notes on what my settings are for making proof sheets on MGIV glossy with MG developer. Everything is absolutely identical and my print ends up being 2X overexposed. Go figure. Even the ZXii settings are way off with my offset being around -9.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Richard...send it on over ! Seriously, I don't believe that any of the available meters ( yours or Nick's ) have any application in contact printing...if so, let me know by PM. I already have an F stop timer.

Ed
    Last edited by Mahler_one; 01-19-2010 at 07:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Richard: Evidently my original response was lost.

Well before this thread began, I had already done some studies with the new ADOX paper using a 21 step wedge, primarily in a contact printing mode ( that is what I am currently pursuing ). I found as you had, i.e., the response of the new Adox was very close to that of the Ilford Multigrade....using Zone vi and Ilford Multigrade developers. The Adox was indeed about a stop faster, and had a slightly greater 90% DMax on the paper curve. I am unable to see why a contact print using a correctly exposed 8x10 negative made with the new paper vs. Ilford Multigrade will be very much different. Of course, others might be using a different developer, and projection printing. I am NOT denigrating any of the previous positive comments concerning the new ADOX which I am very happy to have on the market and available for wide spread use. I hope ADOX continues to bring more products for analog photographers to try and use.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    ...I'm going to keep right on using it. I'd just use "more" if it came in larger boxes with a discount...
    A bit over two years later, you can start using more beginning this Friday:

Note that, compared to the cost of four 25-sheet packages, you'll save a whopping six cents per sheet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    A bit over two years later, you can start using more beginning this Friday:

Note that, compared to the cost of four 25-sheet packages, you'll save a whopping six cents per sheet.
    Sal - "a penny saved is a penny earned."

Kidding aside, I am glad it is being offered in 100-shgeet boxes - I find them more convenient. Currently I have about 500 sheets of the stuff so it will be some time before I will need more...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin