Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,304   Online: 816

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Adox MCC 110 - Paper Follow Up

Again - this is the first new paper that I have tried in a long long time and...WOW!

I am done with my hum drum old paper for now. I love this stuff. It is absolutely perfect for my subject matter and my desires. If I had to ask for someone to design a paper just for me this would be it. The decision of Adox to put the old Agfa emulsion on a bayarta type bright white base was fantastic. I like it better than the old Agfa - much more appropriate for just about anything.

Okay enough gushing over the MCC.

Here is something that surprised me even more. I tried a bunch of different paper developers this week on the MCC everything from cold tone to warm tone developers. Amidol, Ansco 130, just about every concoction that I ever used. Guess what was my favorite?

Plain ol' Kodak Dektol 1+2 - fantastic DMAX and just a hint of warmness maybe a tick warmer absolutely neutral blacks. Nothing like an over the top warm tone paper.NO GREENISHNESS in any of the developers I tried but the fact that it is beautiful in dirt cheap dektol and shows great capacity/consistency is just icing on the cake.

RB

Ps. I will still use Galerie for a couple things but the MCC is my new standard.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree, very nice paper but as long as it is sold in 25 sheet envelopes only i will not buy it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the Cult of MCC. :-D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The original was my answer to everything, but current MG WT, with the paler base than of old, is amazing. The new MCC would have me interested over MG IV but it seems to be very expensive. I'll prob give some a whirl.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleiflexible View Post
    Welcome to the Cult of MCC. :-D
    Have you used plain old Dektol with MCC?

RB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rwboyer View Post
    ...I tried a bunch of different paper developers this week on the MCC everything from cold tone to warm tone developers. Amidol, Ansco 130, just about every concoction that I ever used...
    Did you try it in this?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/9421-C...ter?cat_id=301

Very long-lived, convenient liquid and (in my opinion) a perfect tone with MCC110. The same as Agfa Neutol WA, made in the same plant.

Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Agree, very nice paper but as long as it is sold in 25 sheet envelopes only i will not buy it.
    Cut-off-nose-to-spite-face!

Shooter
    35mm
    The 25 sheet only thing is for the larger sizes only, right?

5"x7" and 6"x4" is available in 100 sheet packs isn't it?

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/ado...ibre-150-c.asp

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the tip - I will have to do the math and see what the price/print comes out to. I loved some of the Agfa papers but never used Agfa print developers. Have you compared Dektol with this? Differences?

RB

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Did you try it in this?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/9421-C...ter?cat_id=301

Very long-lived, convenient liquid and (in my opinion) a perfect tone with MCC110. The same as Agfa Neutol WA, made in the same plant.

Cut-off-nose-to-spite-face!
    Ps. I hope there are not a lot of people that react this way or we will never get big boxes of MCC.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    The 25 sheet only thing is for the larger sizes only, right?

5"x7" and 6"x4" is available in 100 sheet packs isn't it?

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/ado...ibre-150-c.asp
    I personally do not know but I only by it in 8x10 or larger. Stocking smaller paper sizes is too much of a hassle for me, they almost never get used and when I am on an 8x10 film binge they are useless to me.

RB

Shooter
    35mm
    Freestyle doesn't carry the 5x7s (I wish) and I would prefer not to order from the UK, so I've been cutting my 11x14 sheets. Which is approximately 100 5x7s with a few test strips left over, for a bit less than the link above--$46.99 vs £34.95 (but I would prefer pre-cut). I have tried it in Dektol but not with the same negative that I also tested with Arista Cold Tone Developer and Zonal Pro WT, so not a very accurate test. The WT dev looks really nice, it's subtle, not greenish either. I have a few complaints about the Arista developer but I might need to do a bit more research. But yes, mine looked quite good in Dektol as well. Fantastic paper. Now I just wish it were cheaper.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin