Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,511   Online: 975

Thread: Diafine process

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Diafine process

Hello all,

I know, the topic was already discussed, but...

In the next few days, I shall use Diafine developer for the first time and I would like to avoid the usual traps.

According to what I read, Diafine is prone the leave streaks on the film. So, what is your experience and your 100% streak-free process (agitation mode and frequency, etc...)?

Too, do you consider pre-soaking the film as useful?

Side note: I use a Paterson System 4 tank (plastic reels).

Thanks for your contributions and best wishes for the new year!

Nicolas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No pre-soak, no acid stop (so water change) and a gentle agitation.

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...afine-data.pdf

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert, I know the official process like every Diafine user (it is written on the box) but all the same, there is a significant number of topics on the subject... so it does not seem to be crystal clear!

For instance, what is a "gentle" agitation? Does it mean to turn the reel in the tank or can I rock the tank every 30 seconds or every minute like with any developer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agitation like Rodinal: First 30S continuous then every minute 1 turn slowly.
    Where by Rodinal the grain will grow with too much agitation is Diafine sensible for streaks when having too much agitation.
    Also control the temperature in the right range. You have a wide bandwith which is also easy in summer when temperature raise.
    Keep solution B at the same volume as A. When necessary you can filter both solutions when there are particles in the fluid. Always prevent contamination A with B, then the Diafine developer is out of order.
    Diafine can be ordered in 950ml/1 Quart and a Gallon (3,8L). You can push films very wide with this 2 bath developer. Tri-X (400) iso 1250-1600.
    The only disadvantage of Diafine is that it gives a slightly higher base fog.
    And you have one target in log D value which can not controlled anymore.

The system is working fool proof and with more films together.

Best regards,

Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin