Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,057   Online: 992

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Liquid light on glass - How do I make it stick?

Exactly as the title asks. I'm trying to make liquid light stick to glass plates, but I don't know how to get it to work... Is there some kind of spray-on polyurethane that will be porous enough for it to stick?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clean the glass well with a good cleaner. There are several threads describing this. I use Dichromate / Sulfuric acid mixture, followed by a distilled water rinse then alchohol / ammonia rinse and then distilled water. Adding a chrome alum hardener to the LL will help it stick to the glass after that. If they are not hard enough and don't stick well, try adding some glyoxal to the LL and then using an additional chrome alum prehardener before developing.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How much Chrome Alum should I add per ML?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use 10% Chrome Alum at the rate of about 5 ml / 100 ml of LL. Prehardener Chrome Alum hardeners are here on APUG.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin