Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,872   Posts: 1,629,374   Online: 667

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Like I mentioned, I have around 400-500 feet of Foma in 135 and have a decent stock of 120 from the Yellow Father.
    That's funny because I've been thinking of getting the film in 135. It will be more grainy but should be acceptable even in Rodinal (I don't mind a bit of grain). I'm curious how it compares to APX 100 shot with the same camera/lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    I just want to let you know that the scratch problem of the 120 Fomapan roll films is under full attention of the Czech factory in Hradec Kralové.
    Thanks Robert, this is good news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    I've exposed a film in two different cameras now, so it seems unlikely that the camera is to blame. I don't entirely understand Philippe's post about how the camera may cause the scratches. Maybe he can clarify because it does sound interesting.

I do basically the same as you I think. I put the full spool in an old camera (Agfa Clack, back removed of course) and put that between my knees whilst sitting on a chair. Then I gradually pull out the film with the backing dangling loose and wind it onto the reel which is on a table. There is some distance between me and the table, so that the film is not contact with anything apart from air until it is fully in the reel. I use scissors to cut off the remaining paper. Short story: the film does not contact anything so no culprit here I think.

I am thinking of a production error, but I can't ever be sure of that of course. Hence my question to Dutch APUG-ers to help me out (got response now). The batch number of my films is 016756-1, exp. date 2/2012. Got it from Silverprint in the UK last December.

I just opened my first roll of my new batch of foma film, and my emulsion number is 016756-01 with an expiry date of 8/2012. Same emunsion number, different expiry date. wtf? The leader was green. First time I've ever seen that. Stay tuned... I'll run a test roll. If it looks like yours, the whole shebang is going back to freestyle.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksplace View Post
    I just opened my first roll of my new batch of foma film, and my emulsion number is 016756-01 with an expiry date of 8/2012. Same emunsion number, different expiry date. wtf? The leader was green.
    You're talking about 135, right? My scratches-problem is with 120, I can't speak of 135.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    You're talking about 135, right? My scratches-problem is with 120, I can't speak of 135.
    Nope. 120 Arista.edu Ultra iso100. Don't know if the backing paper is the same as foma branded. I blew off a roll in my Rolleiflex this morning. I won't get a chance to soup it until after work today. I'll post results tonight.

If it's scratchy, I'm gonna be really pissed.... (I have 60 rolls)
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Keep us posted Rick.

The thing with the expiration date seems a bit odd. Are batches that large? Or does Arista/Freestyle invent their own separate date? It could also be that the number on the box is not a batch number but a product number.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Before to destroy the reputation of Foma with speculations, maybe we can now wait for the results of their investigations. We know that they are now aware of this issue, and they are looking for a solution.

Moreover, I have to say that, when we enlarge a neg, it's near unnoticeable on the print (even in 30*40)
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    016756-01 is a batch number.
    Arista packages are also made by Foma in Hradec Kralové especially for the USA market.
    About the expiration dates, it depends how (temperature) the material was stored in the ware house. So a same batchnumber can have a different expiration date.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    Before to destroy the reputation of Foma with speculations, maybe we can now wait for the results of their investigations. We know that they are now aware of this issue, and they are looking for a solution.

Moreover, I have to say that, when we enlarge a neg, it's near unnoticeable on the print (even in 30*40)
    You could be waiting rather a long time, I'm still waiting for a reply from the 5th of February last year, I had a reply saying they were looking into it, then nothing, and I've sent a reminder.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found the original scanning, of the problems I had on Foma 400, back on my computer…

Philippe
    Last edited by Philippe-Georges; 02-01-2010 at 07:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin