Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,884   Online: 1061

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526

Shooter
    35mm
    I just got some arista EDU 120 film from freestyle. The iso 100 boxes have a yellow triangle in the right corner just above the "120" that is not there on my older boxes (or the iso 400 rolls in the same shipment).

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Foma will have a break in production in this summer for upgrading machinery:
    http://www.foma.cz/foma/dokumenty/Ho...?novinkaid=134

Hope issue will be fixed then!
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aurelien,

Do you think 'new environmentally friendly technology' is bad news for the papers?

Tom

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    No I don't think so, because this involve ONLY converting machinery. This is what we received:
    "Let me inform you about production break scheduled for July 2010 - the break in the finishing dept.
    we plan in term from 5. till the 26.7.2010.
    At that time FOMA will install new environment friendly technology"

I think it only concerns the finishing and cnverting machinery for films,and especially the 120 converting machine, that is the point of our problem. I don't about 135.
    I think they will stop the old Forte converting machine, which is THE actual problem, and go back to their own machine, with improvments.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm shooting Arista EDU Ultra in 4x5 and 120, and even respooling some of the 120 for a Duaflex II, and haven't had any problems (except ones I've created). It loads easily into my SS reels, and tray developes without scratches. I am going to shoot loads of this film. I love the price, the look and the feel, it fits right in with my 40's and 50's look that I try to attain. I think I am even willing to give up Acros 100 for it (maybe not entirely). I give it 3 thumbs up.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    bonjour.
    je suis tombé sur votre discutions en cherchant des renseignement sur "ultra" : la seule indication apparaissant sur le bord d'un film 120 Foma chargé dans un super ikonta 521/16.
    ceci afin de savoir si c'était un 100 iso ,ou 200 iso ??.
    j'avais perdu la boite et rien (pas même la marque !) n'apparait sur le papier !
    Tout ceci pour vous confirmer que j'ai eu le même problème de micro rayures sur toute la surface du film.
    le frottement du papier (trop abrasif) me semble la bonne explication aux vues de la finesse, la répartition, et la longueur de ces micros rayures.Il y a obligatoirement une différence de longueur parcourue entre le film et le papier dans un parcours en C et donc un déplacement relatif film/papier ( beaucoup moins dans un parcours en Z).
    J'espère que mon Français traduit automatiquement sera compréhensible ?
    Salutations
    JP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jean_pierre d'or View Post
    bonjour.
    je suis tombé sur votre discutions en cherchant des renseignement sur "ultra" : la seule indication apparaissant sur le bord d'un film 120 Foma chargé dans un super ikonta 521/16.
    ceci afin de savoir si c'était un 100 iso ,ou 200 iso ??.
    j'avais perdu la boite et rien (pas même la marque !) n'apparait sur le papier !
    Tout ceci pour vous confirmer que j'ai eu le même problème de micro rayures sur toute la surface du film.
    le frottement du papier (trop abrasif) me semble la bonne explication aux vues de la finesse, la répartition, et la longueur de ces micros rayures.Il y a obligatoirement une différence de longueur parcourue entre le film et le papier dans un parcours en C et donc un déplacement relatif film/papier ( beaucoup moins dans un parcours en Z).
    J'espère que mon Français traduit automatiquement sera compréhensible ?
    Salutations
    JP
    For us English only types who are following this tread, this is how Google translates JP's post:
    "hello.
    I came across your talking by looking for information on "ultra": the only indication appearing on the edge of Foma 120 film loaded in a super Ikonta 521/16.
    in order to know if it was an ISO 100 or 200 iso?.
    I lost the box and nothing (not even the brand!) appears on the paper!
    All this to confirm I had the same problem of micro scratches on the surface of the film.
    the friction of the paper (too abrasive) seems to me the correct explanation for the fine views, distribution, and length of these microphones are rayures.Il necessarily a difference in distance traveled between the film and paper in a course in C and therefore a relative displacement foil / paper (much less in a course in Z).
    I hope that my French will be translated automatically understandable?
    Greetings
    JP"

Not perfect but certainly easy to follow. I hope that Foma can solve this problem, it seems pretty wide spread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey everyone, i'm sorry to register just to bring up an ancient thread. But i'm going nuts with scratches!

Last night I developed an older roll of Rollei retro 400, (bought last year or year before) and a roll of Fomapan 400. They both have scratches running across them. The retro 400 went through a minolta autocord and the fomapan went through a fuji 67 rangefinder. But they both have scratches. I’m pretty careful with developing and I don’t squeegee.

My first problem is that I have just bought the Fuji and its only had 35 rolls through it when I bought it. It’s in almost perfect condition. Otherwise I’d think it was the rollers........ and the Autocord is also very clean inside also.

I think i read earlier that fomapan and retro 400 were rolled in the same factory with the same backing paper??

My main problem is knowing if I’ve just bought a camera that scratches the film (in which case I need to send it back asap!)....or if its a problem with the emulsion itself. It seems strange that the scratches are on two cameras. The scratches run the length of both films and appear light and dark.

Wondered if there might be any more info? Its super frustrating because i just ordered a whole load more of rollei retro 3 days ago without knowing. And possibly bought an expensive camera without knowing which is the culprit!

Here is some pictures (the autocord has the film running vertical), do they look like other peoples scratches with this problem?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/retro400.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...omapan400.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mapan4002.jpg/

Thanks everyone and sorry for bumping this!

I experienced scratches like that on a roll of Rollei RPX100 film, 120, I tried last year. I've used quite a lot Foma 100 and that's been fine but the only roll of Foma 200 I tries had various marks. Never had an issue with Rollei 80S or 400S.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin