Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,521,991   Online: 1092

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our co-op has recently been the lucky recipients of a heap of darkroom equipment from a studio that went all-digital, and in the assortment of stuff was an unopened box of 8x10 sheet film labeled Ilford LINE. The notch pattern was illustrated on the cover of the box and it is the same as the notch found on PanF and Agfa APX25. Should I assume that this film is relatively similar? Any information on this film?

This is probably a high contrast graphic arts orthochromatic film
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is my thinking as well...probably something on the order of Kodak Techpan? I'll shoot some and develop it according to the Techpan guidelines and see what I can get.

Thanks

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got an old box of KODAK Line film - exposed at ISO 6 and developed in paper developer it gives nice continuous-tone negatives. It is blue-sensitive only, not truly orthochromatic despite what the box said. I discovered this when I forgot to swap the safelight filter after developing film: The line fim was unaffected by green light.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ole

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've made some interesting transparencies for projection or hanging in windows by printing on film like that and developing in Dektol. Very interesting results of contrasty city scenes. I'm still planning on using something like that for an installation piece one of these days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Dave

I am going to use it for pinholes I think, to see if I can come up with some interesting textures.

I remember Ilford Line Film very well, and still have a few boxes of Kodak's Line Film stashed away. It is not exactly a high-contrast copy film like lith film but more like a step and a half short of being lith. Development is quite flexible as it reacts quite differently to various developers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin