Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,064   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I prefer "oxidation". I'll never miss an opportunity to drop a syllable, especially one that has a "Z" in it.

Thanks for the info.
    You are welcome!!

As an aside, my own PC is to be returned this evening, complete with one (1) new cooling fan and a memory upgrade.

I've just printed a few images from a "test" roll of AgfaPan 100.
    I wrote about being somewhat suspicious about the "NEW!!" emulsions and developing times ... where the development of AgfaPan 400 is recommended as: Rodinal 1:50; 30 (thirty) minutes @ 20 degrees C.

This is AgfaPan 100 - "Pushed" two stops to ISO 400 and developed exactly the same - Rodinal 1:50; 30 minutes @ 20C.

The result? I can't see one whit - not even a smidgen- NADA!! - of difference. Densities, contrast, granularity, acutance --- even base fog - all seem to be exactly the same.

I will post a scan of a print as soon as I get my machine back and re-connected.

Now to see if spell check works with the new system....

It does!! At least as well as it did before...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got the prints back, they look good, just a little bit grainy than the lab developed neg, but I don't mind, I think I will try to develop another roll tomorrow with 1:50 solution. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot FP4+ at ASA100, and develop in Rodinal, 1+50, 68°F, for 15 minutes with 4 inversions every 60 seconds. I find the grain unobtrusive, and the sharpness is great. I just developed a roll of 120 that I shot at the Eiffel tower a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier with the negatives.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here is a pic from Rodinal 1:25
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails File0246.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    and here is a pic from Rodinal 1:50 (15 min)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails File0319.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

don't know if I can add to this discussion, but I would still like to point out that Agfa Rodinal is not a fine grain developer. It's sharpness however, is outstanding, and I guess that's why people like to use it.
    As far as exhaustion in 1+100 dilution, I have never experienced it, since I always use 50% more developer solution than really is necessary for my tank.
    I have never tried to develop under 68*F, but will give it a go and see if there's an improvement.

Personally I use Rodinal only with ISO 25-100 films. Any film over ISO 100 I try to find alternatives.

I tried FP4+ in Rodinal, but like someone suggested, I too shot it at ISO 80 to get some more shadow detail and slightly reduced grain. It was a fine combination.

Currently I'm using the Efke line of films, and they all work great in Rodinal and even better with Tetenal Neofin Blue.

Anyway, hope this helps,

- Thomas

Saint Paul, MN

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't see too much difference between 1:25 and 1:50 developed negatives, so, I will try to use 1:25 with different film first until I finish the bottle of Rodinal and then try other developer, like xtol.

Anyway, thanks everyone. happy shooting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    jdef, that woudl be great..
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeak
    I don't see too much difference between 1:25 and 1:50 developed negatives, so, I will try to use 1:25 with different film first until I finish the bottle of Rodinal and then try other developer, like xtol.

Anyway, thanks everyone. happy shooting
    Unless you have a reason to get rid of the Rodinal, you can just cap the bottle of concentrate and put it away. One of the great things about Rodinal is that it lasts virtually forever in the concentrate form.

You might find that some day you want to try it again, and having some around would save buying another whole bottle.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    One of the great things about Rodinal is that it lasts virtually forever in the concentrate form.
    Over the coming weekend I may well give it the ultimate test. My old bottle of Rodinal is going to meet up with an out of date Agfa APX 25 film I exposed for interest.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin