Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,987   Online: 676

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi

I'm having some Ilford Delta 100 which I want to develop in Rodinal 1+50 with the times I found on Massive DevChart. Any recommendation on which speed I shoot at. 50, 100 or 125? I will be shooting portraits and landscape with this combo.
    Anyone who has a comment on that combo and recommendations on speed and dev.time.

Greetings Morten fra Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've found that a speed of 50-80 gives the results I want with my system. Delta 100 and Rodinal are actually a nice combination. Just watch out for blown highlights.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be carefull not to overdevelope. At the recommended 1+50, 9min, 68F, 4 inversions every minute, I ended up with bad definition, excessive grain and blown highlights. The results hardly enlarged more than 5x without detail falling apart. If I had to do it again I would rather cut times to 7:30.

Stefan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I found my lost thread 'bout Delta 100.

I have now tested the combo at 12-15 minutes in Rodinal 1+50 (68 F, 10 sec. inversion every minute) and find 13:30 minutes doing the job for me when shooting portraits and 14-15 minutes when shooting anything else. What are your comments on my times. Massive Dev Chart says 14:00 minutes.

Morten

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde
    At the recommended 1+50, 9min, 68F, 4 inversions every minute, I ended up with bad definition, excessive grain and blown highlights. The results hardly enlarged more than 5x without detail falling apart. If I had to do it again I would rather cut times to 7:30.
    That sounds like the time for 1+25, though. But thanks for comment.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Morten,
    Did you end up shooting iso 50 as silverpixels5 recommended or did you go higher?
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I found my lost thread 'bout Delta 100.

I have now tested the combo at 12-15 minutes in Rodinal 1+50 (68 F, 10 sec. inversion every minute) and find 13:30 minutes doing the job for me when shooting portraits and 14-15 minutes when shooting anything else. What are your comments on my times. Massive Dev Chart says 14:00 minutes.

Morten
    Hi Morten,

Interesting ... I've just tried Delta 100 rated at 100 in Rodinal 1+50, 20 C, 10 sec twiddling every minute, 14 minutes. The grain is stronger than I'd expect from Delta 100. Highlights are slightly blown and I'll reduce the dev time next time round.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmelas
    Hi Morten,
    Did you end up shooting iso 50 as silverpixels5 recommended or did you go higher?
    James
    I shoot in @ 100, but will try the 50 later.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H
    Hi Morten,

Interesting ... I've just tried Delta 100 rated at 100 in Rodinal 1+50, 20 C, 10 sec twiddling every minute, 14 minutes. The grain is stronger than I'd expect from Delta 100. Highlights are slightly blown and I'll reduce the dev time next time round.
    Yes. The highlights are on the blowing side, but to hit the contrast I like I do it that way. The grain issue...yes, it is a bit grainy but I like that, too.

Morten

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi

I just wanted to post one of my shots with Delta 100 in Rodinal 1+50, 13:30.
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...1&cat=2&page=1

Morten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin