Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,554   Online: 1123

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    The Fortepan 400/JandC Classic film is a very good film for scenes of normal contrast but it has much less expansion potential with AZO than Tmax 400
    Sandy King
    Sandy, would you say that Tmax 400 (120 roll film) works well with Pyrocat generally? I photograph indoors using natural light a lot and the reciprocity characteristics appeal to me.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was enthralled with Efke PL100 until I tried 400TMax. I burned through my first 50 sheet box of 4x5 in a week. (And I have a regular 9-5 job.) I sold the unopened box of Efke PL100 8 X 10 that I had to George Provost and gave away the rest. Now I, like Jorge, use nothing else. (Jorge, where do you get 12 x 20 TMY?) How sad that they don't make this film in larger sizes.

I know it's expensive. With film, just like with everything else, you get what you pay for.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jim, unfortunatelly there is no 12x20 TMY, I use the photowarehouse film. If I could get TMY in 12x20 I certainly would. For the 8x10 I have found TMY to be the only film I need.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    Sandy, would you say that Tmax 400 (120 roll film) works well with Pyrocat generally? I photograph indoors using natural light a lot and the reciprocity characteristics appeal to me.
    In my opinion Tmax 400 120 roll film works very well with Pyrocat-HD. If you were to comare the results to Xtol I think you would find Xtol gives slightly finer grain but Pyrocat-HD is slightly sharper with EFS about the same. However, I think you would have to enlarge beyond 16X20 from 6X6, 6X7 or 6X9 negatives to see any obvious difference in results.

Sandy King

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    How does TMY perform for scenes with SBRs 9 or greater (N-2, N-3)? With Pyrocat HD?

Hi Sandy,

Read your most recent post on the AZO list. Awesome info. I noticed you left out Tmax 100. Any reason not to included it?

Thanks,

John V.

Francesco,

Go to the below url and read the last bottom post. It should answer your quesiton.

http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/Az...GID=3630&CID=2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Johnny V. I have read that last bottom post of Sandy's previously and although it did mention that TMY and Pyrocat HD will work with scenes of SBRs > 8 I was wondering if any of those actual shots people have used TMY on did involve such a contraction and how did those actual prints turn out. In particular with AZO.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny V
    Hi Sandy,

Read your most recent post on the AZO list. Awesome info. I noticed you left out Tmax 100. Any reason not to included it?

Thanks,

John V.
    TMAX 100 is a good film for AZO printing. Unfortunately it has a coating that filters out a great percentage of the UV light, increasing exposures by as much as three stops with UV senstive processes. I don't use the film for this reason and have not tested it as much as other films. Howver, it is a very good film for regular silver and AZO printing and performs very much like Ilford Delta 100.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    How does TMY perform for scenes with SBRs 9 or greater (N-2, N-3)? With Pyrocat HD?
    Francesco,

TMAX 400 is a very good film for both expansion and contraction. Using the 1:1:100 dilution of Pyrocat-HD, assuming a negative DR 1.55 for AZO, I have been able to get very good contraction development. The following information is based on tube processing with gentle but constant agitation at 72 degrees F.

N-3 7:00 minutes
    N-2 8:30 minutes
    N-1 11:30 minutes
    N 16:30 minutes

For N or N + develoment I would recommend switching to to the 2:2:100 dilution for more reasobable develoment times.

Sandy King

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin