Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,817   Online: 869

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Recommended tray size for 8x10 sheet film?

I can get some used 10x12inch trays, they should work ok for 8x10 sheets right? Just double checking. thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'd recommend 11x14" trays. An oversized tray gives you more room for your fingers and less of a problem with overdevelopment at the edges.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    I get perfectly even development every time in 8x10 trays with the cheap foam brushes in 1 liter of developer.
    Would you use that developer for more than one negative ?
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use 8x10 peterson trays to develop my 8x10 negatives. They are a tad bigger than 8x10 so i got enough room for my fingers.

I don't shuffle anymore either. I am having success with just rocking the tray every 30 secs. I did this with up to 4negs at a time and had no problem whatsoever.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I shuffle and don't seem to have problems with uneven development from having my fingers in the developer. It may be that because I use a larger tray, I can handle the sheets a little more quickly and efficiently, and there is more solution in the tray. I also rotate the sheets 90 degrees periodically for more even results, and that works better with a larger tray.

Having to mix more solution, of course, could be seen as a downside, but it seems a modest compromise to me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin