Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,577   Online: 1018

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anybody familiar with Forte papers?

I bought a 10 sheet pack of Forte Elegance Polygrade V FB Semi-matt neutral tone to see what I could see.

When I opened the box and took out the sheet to look at suggested filters for a Beseler color head, the document is titled: Forte Polywarmtone Plus.

Does anyone know why there is such a difference between packaging and instructions? What do I have? Would you follow the instructions or reinvent the wheel?

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We use a lot of their papers and haven't noticed that problem.
    I would go ahead and make a print, or process a piece of paper. The warmtone will have a warmer base; as one would expect. If you are still not sure; place a print in some selenium and if it is the warmtone it will shift farily quickly to eggplant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have experience with Polywarmtone Plus, but I have used Polygrade V Neutral Tone quite a bit. It produces neutral to cool tones with my phenidone-ascorbate developer, but as Ann noted about Polywarmtone, Polygrade V also shifts color VERY rapidly in relatively concentrated selenium toner (e.g. 1:9). If you don't want a strong color shift with this toner, you will have to use much higher dilutions (1:20 or 1:40) and watch the print closely with a comparison print in water next to it. I find the Polygrade V to be a nice paper, but consistency and quality control have not been great.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a pack at Adorama a couple weeks ago and found the same warmtone document -- haven't used the paper yet, so don't know if the plant slipped the wrong sheet into the neutral tone sleeve, or used the wrong sleeve for the warmtone paper.

js

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    I bought a 10 sheet pack of Forte Elegance Polygrade V FB Semi-matt neutral tone to see what I could see.

When I opened the box and took out the sheet to look at suggested filters for a Beseler color head, the document is titled: Forte Polywarmtone Plus.

Does anyone know why there is such a difference between packaging and instructions? What do I have? Would you follow the instructions or reinvent the wheel?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrschulz
    I bought a pack at Adorama a couple weeks ago and found the same warmtone document -- haven't used the paper yet, so don't know if the plant slipped the wrong sheet into the neutral tone sleeve, or used the wrong sleeve for the warmtone paper.

js
    That's exactly where I bought mine... Adorama.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin