Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,080   Online: 798

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

7x17 film storage

I just developed my first 7x17 negatives and hadn't thought about it. What does everyone put these in to store them? I have lots of different plastic that will work but worry that some type might react in a naughty way. Maybe some type of paper envelope?
    Thanks for any help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fred Newman at The View Camera Store will sell you some nice plastic sleeves specially cut for 7x17. They are beefy and not too terribly expensive.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clay
    Fred Newman at The View Camera Store will sell you some nice plastic sleeves specially cut for 7x17. They are beefy and not too terribly expensive.
    Clay,

What kind of storage/filing box are you using?

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got some black foam core material and glue and gaffer's tape and made some nice black boxes to fit each negative size. It took about 20 minutes per box. I just put the sleeved negatives in the boxes. I left a little space on one dimension so that I can attach little post-it tabs with some cryptic identification code written on them to the ends of the sleeves. It helps to locate a particular negative occasionally. I only tab the 'keepers'. The 'yawners' go to the bottom of the pile.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I didn't find the sleeves at the View Camera Store website but did email them about it. Thanks for the help

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin