Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,096   Online: 714

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Kentmere VC Select Fine Lustre

I'm on the hunt for a good paper to do my 35mm tri-x street shots on. One of the few papers readily available, cheap, and in New Zealand near my place of work is Kentmere VC Select. The print sample looked very nice, but I am hesitant to go with RC paper. Should I keep looking or suck it up and deal with special ordering? I may just get a pack of 25 and try it out. Also, I've never really used RC paper so any advice on it's archival properties or anything is appreciated -such as when you spot tone rc papers can you see the dye at certain angles..

I've been a posting machine lately, guess you can tell I'm close to up and running

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh yeah, if anyone is familiar with this paper, dev recommendations are welcome. I'm looking for cold tone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, I have used Agfa Classic fibre for lots of proofing and finished prints of late. I found that by usin resin I came close to giving up on negs that were actualy good for fibre prints.

David

PS. In Auckland doing interviews again, taking 10 minute breaks to clear my head. Next time we should try and have lunch again.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds good

say, is there anywhere to order supplies online in NZ? paper, chem, etc? thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usaly do it by phone. Auckland camera exchange may be a good bet. In Wellington I use Wellington Photographic supplies
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kentmere papers are top quality in my opinion. The emulsion on the RC is a very close match to that on the fibre, so test prints can be done on RC with confidence. I guess the best thing you can do is buy a small sample, and play!
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Somewhere i read, think it was in Tim Rudman's book that in the states that paper goes by the trade name of Luminous. I have tried a small sample of their neutral fiber and it was nice, The most interesting thing was when toning with selenium it didn't shift to even a light color change after 10 minutes.
    Will be trying some more myself when i finish a few other projects on my plate.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Kentmere VC Select (glossy) is my RC paper of choice - better (and cheaper) that Ilford MG in my opinion.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin