Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,978   Posts: 1,523,690   Online: 1117

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: JandC Pro 100

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

J+C100

JDEF- I have found any number of difficulties with this film. I have almost gone through 100 sheets of 4x5 and keep having problems. Low price does not equal a bargain if it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have seen the same when working with this film (black spots). It seemed nobody else was having problems, so I thought it was either my paper, which was kind of old, or had something to do with my processing. The spots for me always occur around the edges of the film, and not in the center. I've only tried the 120.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have shot about 10 rolls and found both the black spots and light leaks at the top and bottom of the spool, a few roll had significant streaking. I do like the film characteristics but at this this point I will not reorder until the quality controls improves.

Regards

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    Is anyone else seeing little specks missing in the emulsion, leaving little black specks on their prints? I have seen this problem in both 120
    YES! I just processed 4 rolls. I usually load my Holga with so perhaps I didn't notice. But this time, I used it in my Hasselblad and processed with PMK. I thought maybe I was using a non hardener fixer that did it but I did notice pinholes. Every roll had some time type of pinprick hole in them. I thought maybe it was h20 or not enough water bath before processing. I think I'll leave the JandC 100 in the Holga.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have also had specks of missing emulsion on the sample 4x5 sheets of J&C Pro 100 I purchased recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5
    I have seen the same when working with this film (black spots). It seemed nobody else was having problems, so I thought it was either my paper, which was kind of old, or had something to do with my processing. The spots for me always occur around the edges of the film, and not in the center. I've only tried the 120.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    I'm really disappointed in the emulsion coating problems, but I don't expect any improvements until the price goes way up. I guess we get what we pay for after all.

Jay
    It depends on what you mean by "way up". I've seen Agfa APX100 selling for as low as $1.85 per roll of 120 on the web with the most common price around $2.09 per roll. That's still pretty cheap compared to many other films & no ones complaining sbout their quality. The Chinese will eventually get it right & still be cheaper than anyone else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    J&C Pro in Rodinal 1+50 + 4g/l ascorbate for 10 minutes at 20C, agitating 1/minute looks good.

I thought the negatives were thin, but after putting them in the enalrger there is much more shadow detail htan I thought.
    I couldn't see grain in a 6X enlargement which bothered me a bit

I was prpobably missing some Rodinal in the 1+100 experiment I made last month.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I meant ascorbate in the above.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin